How to add or change a user's picture in Windows XP
This article was previously published under Q292434
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In Windows XP, you can have a picture displayed next to the user name on the Welcome screen and on the new Start menu. This article describes how to change the picture for non-domain members. Note
This feature is not available to computers that participate in a domain.
Windows XP Home Edition and Professional
A picture is automatically assigned to each user account. To change this picture:
- In Control Panel, double-click User Accounts.
- Click the account for which you want to change the picture.
- Click Change the picture.
- Click a picture in the window, or click Browse for More Pictures, and then click the picture that you want to use.
- When this picture is highlighted in the window, click Change Picture.
This feature is not supported on computers that are a member of a domain.
Article ID: 292434 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 01:24:08 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdisplay kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB292434