FP2002: Database Connection Undefined After Publishing Web
This article was previously published under Q292628
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
For a Microsoft FrontPage 2000 version of this article, see 204152
After you publish a Web that contains a database connection, the following error message may appear:
Database Results Error
The database connection named "Database1" is undefined.
This problem can occur if any of the following conditions is true:
- The connection has been removed from the Web.
- The file "Global.asa" is missing or contains errors.
- The root folder does not have Scripting permissions enabled.
- The Web is not marked as an application root.
When you publish, the destination Web is not automatically marked as an application root.
To correct this problem, re-verify the database connection. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start FrontPage and then open the Web.
- On the Tools menu, click Web Settings.
- On the Database tab, click the database connection, and then click Verify.
This verifies the connection to the database and marks the Web as an application root.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
database DSN front page fpodbc
Article ID: 292628 - Last Review: 10/23/2013 17:14:52 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbnofix KB292628