GPO requires synchronous processing are not applied in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You set up a Group Policy Object (GPO) that is linked to an organizational unit (OU).
- You enable the User Group Policy loopback processing mode with the merge mode.
- You log on a Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2 based computer that belongs to the OU by using an account that belongs to another OU.
- You configure a setting in the GPO that requires synchronous processing, such as folder redirection.
- You log off and then log on the computer to make sure that the GPO is applied.
- You log off and then log on the second time.
In this situation, the GPO is lost and settings are not applied.
To resolve this issue, install update 2919355. For more information about how to obtain update 2919355, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Windows RT 8.1, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2012 R2 Update April, 2014
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 2928424 - Last Review: 04/08/2014 17:32:00 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Windows RT 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2928424