Cannot Print from Internet Explorer
This article was written about products for which Microsoft no longer offers support. Therefore, this article is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you attempt to print a document or look at it in print preview, you may receive the following error message:
Error: Invalid argument.
Code: 0URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg
This issue can occur if the Iepeers.dll file is corrupted or is the incorrect version.
To resolve this issue, replace the Iepeers.dll file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Restart the computer in MS-DOS mode or with a startup disk.
For additional information about how to create a Windows Me startup disk, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- For Windows 98 and Windows 95, click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart the computer in MS-DOS mode, and then click Yes.
- For Windows Millennium Edition (Me), use a Windows Me startup disk and click Start Computer without CD-ROM Support.
How to Create a Startup Disk in Windows Me
- Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:
ren IEPEERS.dll IEPEERS.old
- Extract a new copy of the Iepeers.dll file to the Windows\Systemfolder. You can extract the Iepeers.dll file from the following location:
The IE_5.cab cabinet file included with Internet Explorer 5.5 for Windows 98.For additional information about how to use the Extract tool, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files
- Register the Iepeers.dll file. To do this, click Start, point to Run, and then type the following line:
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer normally.
Article ID: 293176 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 12:49:00 - Revision: 3.0