Reduced functionality, missing menu commands, and unavailable features in Visio
This article was previously published under Q293466
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In Microsoft Office Visio, you may not be able to save, edit, or create new drawings. Additionally, you may experience the following limitations in terms of program functionality:
- You cannot create new files.
- You cannot save any modifications to existing documents.
- You cannot cut, copy, or paste content, whether by using the Paste Special command or by placing content on the Clipboard.
- You cannot import or export data.
- You cannot use Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and the Visio Object Model.
- You cannot run existing macros or create new macros.
- You cannot gain access to the ShapeSheet window.
- You cannot gain access to, or assign, custom properties or shape properties.
- You cannot display anchored windows.
- You cannot display stencils, including custom stencils.
This command not available until you renew your license.
This behavior occurs because Visio requires product activation to offer the user full functionality.
To resolve this behavior, activate Visio either over the Internet or by telephone.
For more information about activating a retail product, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
297247 How to activate a perpetual license of Visio 2002 or of Visio 2003For the Trial version:
297263 How to activate a Product Trial Program license for Visio 2002
vso2007 prb disabled reduce limited function less required activate how to activation registration register license registering trial academic reduced-functionality visio2002 visio2003
Article ID: 293466 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 01:35:05 - Revision: 6.2
Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007, Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003, Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2003, Microsoft Visio 2002 Professional Edition, Microsoft Visio 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbpubtypekc kbactivation kbdtacode kbprb KB293466