OL2000: How to Automatically Add Senders' Addresses to an Address Book in Outlook 2000
This article was previously published under Q295713
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to automatically add senders' addresses to an Address Book in Outlook 2000.
In the Internet Mail Only ModeIf you are running Outlook 2000 in the Internet Mail Only mode, follow these steps to configure Outlook to automatically add senders' addresses to your Address Book:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options.
- Click to select the Automatically put people I reply to in check box, and then select the folder to place senders' addresses.
In the Corporate/Work Group ModeIf you are running Outlook 2000 in the Corporate/Work Group mode and the Personal Address Book service is enabled, and if you have chosen to keep personal addresses in your Personal Address Book, right-click the address and then click Add to Personal Address Book.
To choose to keep personal addresses in your Personal Address Book:
- On the Tools menu, click Address Book.
- In the Address Book window, click Options on the Tools menu.
- In the Keep personal addresses in box, click Personal Address Book.
- Click OK.
- In Outlook, double-click the message to open it.
- Right-click the sender's e-mail address or display name, and then click Add to Contacts.
- In the dialog box that appears, click Save and Close.
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
For information about how to contact any of the companies mentioned in this article, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 295713 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 02:00:52 - Revision: 2.3
Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbinfo kbui KB295713