Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 Post-Installation Checklist
This article was previously published under Q296569
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article is a post-installation checklist that you can use after the successful installation of Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM).
Perform the following tasks after you install the central MOM server. You may need to refer to the Installation Guide
for details about how to perform many of these tasks.
Begin any MOM installation with a review of the two following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 Pre-Installation Checklist
Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 Installation Checklist
Check the following important items after you install MOM:
- Ensure that the OnePoint service is running and is set to automatic.
- Start reporting and perform the following tasks:
- Test reporting by saving at least one report as Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). The Operations > Most Common Events report is a good choice because it almost always contains data.
- Review the batch file creation wizard in reporting.
- Review the default Database Grooming properties and consider reconfiguring these settings to suit your requirements.
- Review the alert resolution states and their corresponding service-level agreements. Consider reconfiguring these settings to values that are appropriate for your installation.
Note that other post-installation tasks may be important, depending on your requirements. Such tasks may include:
- Configuring Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) logging.
- Configuring Microsoft Exchange logging.
- Enabling disk performance counters.
- Enabling auditing of certain Microsoft Windows NT resources.
- Enabling filters at the agent or database level.
- Installing the Security Configuration Manager.
- Installing the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) provider for Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
Note that most of these items are covered in detail in the Installation Guide
or the Help that is available in the administrator console.
Article ID: 296569 - Last Review: 10/23/2013 18:39:05 - Revision: 1.3
Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 Enterprise Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbfaq kbinfo kbnetwork kbsetup KB296569