PRB: Internet Explorer Prompts User to Open/Save Office File Streamed from ASP
- From the server: Append a question mark (?) to the end of your URL links so that Internet Explorer does not find the settings for the ASP extension. Your link may resemble the following:This solution is good if you cannot control settings on the client.
- On the client: You can change the prompt behavior for the ASP file type so that it does not prompt by default when it is downloaded. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the desktop, double-click the My Computer icon to open the Windows Explorer.
- If you are running Microsoft Windows 2000, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab to view all file types.
If you are running Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, on the View menu, click Folder Options, and then click the File Types tab to view all file types.
- From the list of registered file types, look for Active Server Document associated with the ASP extension. If this is not present on your computer, your computer does not experience the problem described in this article. If it is present, select it and click Advanced (for Windows 2000) or Edit (for Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows NT 4.0).
- In the new dialog box, clear Confirm open after download and click OK.
- Click OK to close the Folder Options dialog box.
Clearing Confirm open after download adds a special binary value to the registry key that describes that file type. The DWORD value is called "EditFlags" and a setting of "0x00010000" turns off the prompt for that file type. For example, the following REG file script turns off the dialog box for Word 97, Word 2000, and Word 2002 documents:
Because different products may register the ASP extension differently, the above REG script cannot fix the issue that is discussed in this article because the exact mapping of the .asp extension to its file type registry key (typically but not exclusively aspfile) cannot be known for all cases. Developers who want to programmatically set this client key must find the correct registry key from the extension by using the Windows registry application programming interfaces (APIs).
Artikli ID: 296717 – viimati läbi vaadatud: 05/12/2007 20:29:06 – redaktsioon: 6.1
- kbprb KB296717