OEM: Camera app freezes or crashes in Windows 8.1
When you use a camera app in Windows 8.1, the app seems to be frozen, displays a black screen, or crashes. This issue may occur in the following scenarios:
- You minimize the camera app and then maximize it in less than a second.
- You start the camera app and then close it repeatedly.
- You resume from InstantGo (also known as Connected Standby).
- You activate the app by switching from other applications or a desktop.
- You press a Windows key when the camera app displays a preview.
This issue occurs because of a known issue in the Windows operating system.
If you encounter this issue, you can take one of the following actions to work around it:
- Restart the camera app (if it crashed).
- Minimize the camera app, wait for several seconds, and then maximize the camera app.
- Exit the camera app, and then start it again.
- Switch between the front and rear cameras (if multiple cameras are available on your device).
Article ID: 2975117 - Last Review: 12/17/2015 20:53:00 - Revision: 3.0
Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Pro, Windows RT 8.1
- kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbnoindex KB2975117