The Add Object Wizard in Operations Manager 2012 displays only 500 objects even if more than 500 exist
When you use the Add Groups or Add Object button while creating a report in Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager (OpsMgr 2012), no more than 500 objects are displayed in the Add Object Wizard even if more than 500 exist.
This default limit of 500 objects is by design, and this setting is controlled through the system registry.
To work around this issue, create a registry key to manually set the maximum object limit in the Add Object Wizard.
To do this, follow these steps:
- On the computer that's hosting the Operations Manager console, close all running instances of the console.
- Start Registry Editor. Make sure that you're using the same user account that's used to run the console.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console
- Create a new DWORD value key, and save it as MaximumSearchItemLimit. Assign a value to this key that reflects the maximum number of objects that you want to display. For example, use a value of 1000 if you want to limit the maximum number of objects to 1000 instead of to the default limit of 500.Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Console
Value: 0 to 65535
- Exit Registry Editor.
Note Make sure that you repeat steps 1–5 on all computers that are hosting the Operations Manager console.
Article ID: 2976809 - Last Review: 06/24/2014 03:27:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager, Microsoft System Center 2012 Operations Manager Service Pack 1, Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew KB2976809