You receive an "Error 1706. Setup cannot find the required files” error message when you repair or install a feature in Office
- You originally installed Office from a network administrative installation.
- The network administrative installation is no longer available to you.
- You are trying to use an Office CD-ROM when you are prompted by the Windows Installer for an Office source location.
- You click Cancel when you are prompted to insert the CD.
Use an Alternative Network Administrative InstallationIf the original administrative installation from which you installed Office is not available, you can use a different administrative installation for the Office source file location. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type a command line similar to the following, and then click OKnew network path\Setup.exe /fvm package name.msiwhere new network path is the full path to the alternative network administrative installation, and package name is the name of the Windows Installer .msi package on the root of this administrative installation (for example, Proplus.msi).
- Click OK when the update is finished.
Create an Administrative Installation on Your Computer's Hard DiskIf you do not have access to a network administrative installation but have more than 700 MB of free disk space on your hard disk, you can create an administrative installation on your hard disk to use as the Office source file location. To do this, follow these steps.
Note To create an administrative installation, you must use an Enterprise edition of Office.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Insert your Office CD-ROM.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type a command line similar to the following, and then click OKCD-ROM drive:\Setup /awhere CD-ROM is the drive letter of your CD-ROM drive.
- In the Administrative Installation dialog box, specify the location on your hard disk for the Office administrative installation, and then type your Product Key (CD key). Click Next.
- Click OK when the installation is finished.
- Follow the steps listed in the "Use an Alternative Network Administrative Installation" section to change the Office source file location to the administrative installation on your local hard disk.
Use a CD-ROM for the Office Source LocationTo change to a CD-ROM for the location of the Office source files, you must remove Office, and then reinstall Office from the CD-ROM. To do this, follow these steps:
- Quit all Office programs.
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.
- Double-click the entry for the Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Office XP product that is installed.
- In the Maintenance Mode Options dialog box, select Uninstall Office, and then click Next.
- Click Yes to confirm the removal of Office.
- Click OK when the removal is finished.
- Insert your Office 2003 or Office XP CD-ROM.
- Follow the Setup dialog boxes to install Office from CD-ROM.
Note If you use a CD key that is not a Volume License Key, you will be required to activate your Office product after the installation from CD-ROM is finished.
Artikli ID: 297834 – viimati läbi vaadatud: 08/29/2006 05:28:42 – redaktsioon: 4.4
- kbrepair kbsetup kberrmsg KB297834