Icons/Labels on the Classic Start Menu Overlap Text
This article was previously published under Q298317
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If you are using the Classic Start menu and set the size of icons to Extra Large in the Accessibility Wizard, some icons may overlap their text.
This behavior occurs because extra-large icons take up much more space than smaller icons do, leaving less space for text.
To resolve this behavior, in the Accessibility Wizard, change the setting for icons to Large
instead of Extra Large
. To start the Accessibility Wizard, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Accessibility Options.
- Click Configure Windows to work for your vision, hearing, and mobility needs.
- The Accessibility Wizard will start, click Next. Complete the Wizard and configure options as needed.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
This behavior has no detrimental effect on the system, but it makes the text difficult to read.
Article ID: 298317 - Last Review: 01/11/2015 20:28:17 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenable kbenablesight kbprb kbui KB298317