HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
This article was previously published under Q298399
This article describes how to set the My Documents folder to Private
: You can use the information in this article only if you have activated the Simple Sharing user interface.back to the top How to Set the My Documents Folder to Private
To set the My Documents folder to Private
back to the top
- On the Start menu, right-click My Documents, and then click Properties.
- Click the Sharing tab, and then click to select the Make this folder private so that only I have access to it check box.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
Article ID: 298399 - Last Review: 01/15/2006 22:31:54 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbenv kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB298399