Logon Problems with 10/100 Ethernet Hubs and Switches
- No domain controller was available to validate your logon. You have been logged on with cached credentials.
- No domain controller was found to validate your password.
- No domain controller was found to validate your account.
- No domain controller found or domain does not exist.
- Open the Network tool in Control Panel.
- Right-click the appropriate adapter, and then click Properties.
- Click Configure, and then click Advanced.
- An entry for the media type is available, and after you determine the speed of the port on the switch that the client computer is connected to, set the media type to this speed. You must also make sure that the duplex setting of each port on the switch matches the duplex setting of the adapter. You may need to view the switch manufacturer's documentation for more details about port configuration. The media type may also be set to a slower speed to help resolve the issue. If the option to manually set the media type is not available, check to see if the manufacturer has posted updated drivers for the adapter.
Article ID: 298733 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 09:05:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhardware kbnetwork kbprb KB298733