FIX: Error Message: "Cannot Start 'Config XML support in IIS for SQL Server'"
This article was previously published under Q298830
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
BUG #: 236173 (SHILOH_BUGS)
After installing multiple instances of SQL Server 2000 with different collations on Simplified Chinese Windows 2000 Server, the following (translated) error message may appear:
Cannot start "Config XML support in IIS for SQL Server"
MMC not initialized correctly.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
INF: How to Obtain the Latest SQL Server 2000 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in SQL Server 2000. This problem was first corrected in SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 1.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Install SQL Server 2000 with collation Chinese_PRC as default instance.
- Install SQL Server 2000 with collation Latin1_General as another instance.
- Restart the server, log back in, and start the new instance of the SQL Server.
Article ID: 298830 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 22:35:43 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbsqlserv2000sp1fix KB298830