Internet Explorer 5.5 Security Rollup Available
This article was previously published under Q299618
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
For additional information about the Internet Explorer 5.01 security rollup, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
295106 Internet Explorer 5.01 Security Rollup Available
Microsoft has released a security rollup for Internet Explorer 5.5 that includes fixes for the following problems:
- The problem that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:286045 Patch Available for Cached Content Identification Vulnerability
- The problem that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:290108 Incorrect MIME Header Can Cause Internet Explorer to Run E-mail Attachment
- The problem that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:299472 Internet Explorer Vulnerability Affects the Way Digital Certificates from Web Servers Are Validated
- The problem that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:299474 Internet Explorer Vulnerability Affects the Displayed URL for a Web Page
- The problem that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:281119 Internet Explorer Saves HTML Content Instead of the Active Document
- Two new variants of a previously discussed vulnerability, the "Frame Domain Verification" vulnerability, which was originally discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS00-033. Like the original version, the new variants of the vulnerability may allow a malicious Web site operator to open two browser windows, one in the Web site's domain and the other on the user's local file system, and to pass information from the user's local file system to the Web site's domain. This vulnerability may allow the malicious Web site operator to read any file that can be opened in a browser window on the user's local computer.
The security rollup is available in Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2. For additional information about the latest service pack for Internet Explorer 5.5, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
267954 How to Obtain the Latest Internet Explorer 5.5 Service PackThe security rollup is also available as an individual download:
119591 How to Obtain Microsoft Support Files from Online ServicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help to prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.NOTE: This patch requires Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
The English-language version of this patch should have the following file attributes or later:
Date Time Version Size File name ---------------------------------------------------------- 04/02/2001 05:28p 5.50.4616.200 2,748,688 Mshtml.dll 02/20/2001 05:36p 5.50.4614.2000 1,147,152 Shdocvw.dll 01/24/2001 02:56p 5.50.4701.2400 456,464 Urlmon.dll 04/02/2001 05:28p 5.50.4616.200 480,528 Wininet.dll
Article ID: 299618 - Last Review: 10/26/2013 09:09:00 - Revision: 5.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kbfix kbie550presp2fix kbinfo KB299618