Meeting time and duration changes in Outlook for Mac in Indiana East time zone
- Outlook for Mac is configured to use the (UTC-05:00) Indiana (East) time zone under Outlook, Preferences, Calendar.
- Some reoccurring meetings have shifted their times by one hour or more.
- The meeting duration of the reoccurring meetings may also have changed.
Example You originally had a reoccurring meeting from 3:00 - 4:00. However, you notice that it now appears from 1:00 - 4:00, or from 12:00 - 5:00.
When you have Indianapolis, IN selected as your Closest City in the Date & Time Preferences in Mac OS, Outlook for Mac 2011 automatically selects the (UTC-05:00) Indiana (East) time zone because the timezone.xml file references this obsolete time zone.
3038443 Outlook for Mac for Office 365 – March 2015 Update
To install the latest update for Outlook 2016 for Mac, start Outlook, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu.
To resolve this issue for Outlook for Mac 2011, install the Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.5.2 update. For information about this update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
3048691 Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.5.2 update
Note These updates prevent the issue, however they do not fix meetings that have already been affected by the issue. After the appropriate update is applied, meetings that are affected by this issue must be deleted and recreated. If the meeting has the correct information on the organizers calendar, the user can delete the affected meeting from their calendar and the organizer can send the meeting to the user again in order to replace it with the correct meeting information.
- Exit Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011.
- Exit the Microsoft Database Daemon.
- Click Go on the Finder menu, click Utilities, and then click Activity Monitor.
- Find Microsoft Database Daemon in the Process Name list, and double-click it.
- Click Quit, and then click Quit again. Close the Microsoft Database Daemon window.
- Make sure that the Microsoft Database Daemon is no longer in the process list, and then exit Activity Monitor.
- Open the following location:
~/Applications/Microsoft Office Applications/Microsoft Office/OutlookCore.framework/Versions/14/Resources
Note Right-click OutlookCore.framework and select Show Package Contents in order to open this.
- Right-click timezones.xml and then click Duplicate in order to create a backup of the original file.
- Open timezones.xml in TextEdit.
- Perform a Find for the term Indiana in order to find the section that references the Indiana (East) time zone.
- Delete the text from the <key>67</key> line through to the </dict> line, as highlighted in this image:
- Click File, and then click Save.
- Exit TextEdit.
Note Reoccurring meetings that are affected by this issue must be deleted and recreated. After the meeting is corrupted by this issue, it cannot be fixed. If the meeting has the correct information on the organizers calendar, the user can delete the affected meeting from their calendar and the organizer can send the meeting to the user again in order to replace it with the correct meeting information.
If you have several clients to perform this action on, after you have changed one of the timezone.xml files, you can then copy the changed file and use it to replace the original file on the other clients.
Article ID: 2997128 - Last Review: 09/24/2015 19:54:00 - Revision: 5.0