FIX: Changes to Indexed View Article of a Transactional Publication Are Not Saved
This article was previously published under Q299937
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
BUG #: 352016 (SHILOH_BUGS)
When editing the properties of an indexed view article that is part of a transactional publication, changes made to the Replace INSERT commands with this stored procedure call, Replace UPDATE commands with this stored procedure call, and Replace DELETE commands with this stored procedure call check boxes on the Commands tab of the article's Publications Properties dialog box are not saved.
NOTE: Merge and snapshot publications do not have a Commands tab; this problem applies only to indexed view articles that are part of transactional publications.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2000. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
290211 INF: How to Obtain the Latest SQL Server 2000 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in SQL Server 2000. This problem was first corrected in SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 1.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- From SQL Enterprise Manager, right-click a transactional publication and click Properties.
- Click the Articles tab, click the ellipsis (...) button next to the indexed view article, and then click Commands.
- Clear the Replace INSERT commands with this stored procedure call check box.
- Click OK, and then click OK again to leave the publication properties.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to return to the Commands tab. Note that the changes were not saved.
Article ID: 299937 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 22:48:08 - Revision: 2.4
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbsqlserv2000sp1fix KB299937