This step-by-step article describes how to use Microsoft SharePoint Administrator to upgrade Internet Information Server (IIS) version 4.0 or IIS 5.0 with FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions if an earlier version of FrontPage Server Extensions was previously installed.
- To upgrade, you must have IIS 4.0 or IIS 5.0 and one of the following installed on your computer:
- FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions (pre-release version)
- FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions
- FrontPage 98 Server Extensions
- FrontPage 97 Server Extensions
- You cannot upgrade to FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions from SharePoint Team Services or from Office 2000 Server Extensions. If you have only the Microsoft Office 2000 Server Extensions installed, you can only upgrade to the SharePoint Team Services.
Upgrade to FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
To use SharePoint Administrator to upgrade IIS 4.0 or IIS 5.0 with FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions, follow the steps.
Step 1: Download the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
- Start Internet Explorer, and then visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Scroll down to the "English and International Version Downloads" section, and then do one of the following:
- If you want to install the English version, click fpse02_x86_ENG.exe in the Download File column. On the page that appears, click fpse02_x86_ENG.exe under Download Now.
- If you want to install a non-English version, click the language that you want in the International Version Download Files list, and then click fpse02_x86_xxx.exe, where xxx is the three-letter code for the language, on the page that appears.
- When you are prompted to open the file or save it to disk, click Save.
- When you are prompted to specify a location, click Desktop, and then click Save.
Step 2: Install the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
- On the desktop, double-click the fpse02_x86_xxx.exe file, where xxx is the three-letter language code (for example, fpse02_x86_ENG.exe).
Windows Installer starts and begins the installation.
- Type the user name, initials, and organization, and then click Next.
- Read the EULA. If you agree with the EULA, click to select the agreement check box, and then click Next.
- Click Install to complete the installation of the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions.
Step 3: Upgrade the Server with the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft SharePoint Administrator.
- In the list of virtual servers, click Upgrade next to the virtual server that you want to upgrade.
NOTE: If you are upgrading from an earlier version of FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions, click the Administration link, and then click Upgrade virtual server with FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 to upgrade to the current version.
- In the Administrator user name box, type the user name for the administrator of the virtual server.
- Click Submit.
For additional information about installing and administering the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions or SharePoint Team Services, and using the SharePoint Team Services command-line tools, click the article numbers below
to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Where to Find the SharePoint Team Services Administrator's Guide
HOW TO: Use the SharePoint Administrator to Install and Configure the FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
HOW TO: Quietly Extend a Server with FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions
HOW TO: Use the Command-Line Tools to Upgrade to FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions on IIS
STS: Using the SharePoint Team Services Command-Line Utility (Owsadm.exe)
Article ID: 300360 - Last Review: October 23, 2013 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft SharePoint Team Services, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB300360|