You cannot open a shared calendar in Outlook 2016 for Mac
When you open your Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, the Open Shared Calendar
button on the ribbon is unavailable.
Additionally, when you point to Open
on the File
menu, the Calendar
option is unavailable.
This issue occurs if the Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts
check box is selected and the Hide On My Computer folders
check box is cleared in General Preferences
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Select the Exchange folder in My Calendars.
- Open the calendar.
- Expand My Calendars to display the Exchange mailbox calendar, the On My Computer calendar, and calendars that are associated with any other accounts that are open in Outlook for Mac.
- Select the Exchange check box.
After you do this, the Open Shared Calendar button on the ribbon is available.
- Open another user's Calendar.
- On the File menu, point to Open, and then click Other Users Folder.
- Search for and then select the user whose calendar you want to open.
- In the Folder Type box, click Calendar.
- Click Open.
- Change the preferences settings that are related to the On My Computer folders.
- On the Outlook menu, click Preferences.
- Click General.
- Clear the Group similar folders, such as Inboxes, from different accounts check box.
- If you want, select the Hide On My Computer folders check box.
Article ID: 3007307 - Last Review: 08/10/2015 06:45:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, Outlook for Mac for Office 365
- o365022013 o365 o365a o365e o365p o365m kbgraphic kbgraphxlink KB3007307