How To Install MetaEdit 2.2 on Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000
This article was previously published under Q301386
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) version 7.0 running on Microsoft Windows Server 2008. IIS 7.0 significantly increases Web infrastructure security. For more information about IIS security-related topics, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
This step-by-step article describes how to install MetaEdit 2.2 on a computer that is running Windows NT version 4.0 or Windows 2000. MetaEdit 2.2 is designed to help you administer IIS by providing an easy way to edit the IIS Metabase.
NOTE: Editing the IIS Metabase may result in damage to your IIS configuration. Be sure to edit all entries carefully.
back to the top
RequirementsThe following items describe the recommended hardware, software, network infrastructure, skills and knowledge, and service packs that you will need:
- Internet Information Server 4.0
- Internet Information Services version 5.0
Step 1: Download MetaEdit 2.2The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
back to the top
Step 2: Install MetaEdit 2.2To install MetaEdit 2.2, follow these steps:
- Double-click the Mtaedt22.exe file that you just downloaded.
- Click Yes to agree with the terms of the license agreement.
The installation process extracts the files that are contained in the Mtaedt22.exe file, and then runs an extracted Setup.exe file to install MetaEdit 2.2.
- When you see the dialog box that tells you to close all applications, make sure that all applications are closed, and then click OK.
- When the main setup process begins, accept the default installation folder or choose an alternate folder, and then click the large setup button to continue.
- Click Continue to add the MetaEdit shortcut to the Administrative Tools Program Group.The MetaEdit 2.2 setup process begins.
Article ID: 301386 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 03:21:03 - Revision: 5.1
Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0, Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdownload kbhowtomaster KB301386