Cookie Pal Requires Advanced Privacy Settings
This article was previously published under Q301390
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
You may experience either of the following symptoms:
- The Setup program for Cookie Pal version 1.6c from Kookaburra Software states that it has enabled cookie warnings (or prompts) for Internet Explorer, but Internet Explorer 6 may not be configured to prompt for cookies after you install Cookie Pal.
- After you install Internet Explorer 6, Cookie Pal version 1.6c from Kookaburra Software may not prompt you when an unknown Web site attempts to create a cookie on your computer.
This issue can occur because cookie settings, which are configured on the Security tab of Internet Options in Internet Explorer 4.x and 5.x (or on the Advanced tab in Internet Explorer 3.x), are removed when you upgrade to Internet Explorer 6. A new Privacy tab has been added to the Internet Options dialog box to configure cookie settings for the Internet zone.
To work around this issue, configure Internet Explorer to prompt for cookies:
- In Internet Explorer, click Internet Options on the Tools menu.
- On the Privacy tab, click Advanced.
- Click to select the Override automatic cookie handling check box.
- Click Prompt for both First-party Cookies and Third-Party Cookies.
- Click OK twice.
This behavior is by design.
For additional information about the default cookie settings in Internet Explorer 6, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
293222 The Default Privacy Settings for Internet Explorer 6
Article ID: 301390 - Last Review: 10/25/2013 22:59:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbprb KB301390