Newly created move request remains in queued status forever in Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016
When this issue occurs, you can run the Get-MoveRequestStatistics cmdlet to check that the mailbox is in the queued status. Because of resource constraints, the move request is not picked up and queued. Follow the steps in the Workaround section to determine which resource may be causing this issue.
For servers that have Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 5 or a later-version update installed, run the following command to determine which resource may be causing this issue:
Get-MoveRequestStatistics -Identity mailbox name| fl Message
For servers that have an update that is earlier than Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 5, run the following command to determine which resource may be causing this issue:
Get-ExchangeDiagnosticInfo -Server server name -Process MSExchangeMailboxReplication -Component MailboxReplicationService -Argument "queues=database name,pickupresults"After you run these commands in your environment, the "CiAgeOfLastNotification" component is in a critical state. This state indicates that the content index is not in a good status. In this case, follow these steps to reseed the content index for the database:
- Run the following commands to stop the Microsoft Exchange Search and Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller services:Stop-Service MSExchangeFastSearchStop-Service HostControllerService
- After the services are stopped, delete the Exchange content index catalog for the database.
- Run the following commands to restart the Microsoft Exchange Search and Microsoft Exchange Search Host Controller services:Start-Service MSExchangeFastSearchStart-Service HostControllerService
- After you restart these services, Exchange Search will rebuild the content index catalog.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about reseed the search catalog.
Article ID: 3016284 - Last Review: 10/01/2015 07:41:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard, Exchange Server 2016 Enterprise Edition, Exchange Server 2016 Standard Edition
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbtshoot kbexpertiseadvanced KB3016284