Gridlines missing from printed worksheet even though printing of gridlines is turned on
This article was previously published under Q303263
When you print a worksheet, the gridlines are missing even though printing of gridlines is turned on.
This behavior can occur if you print the worksheet in Draft mode. The gridlines in Excel worksheets are graphics, and most printers do not print graphics when printing is set to Draft mode.
To resolve this behavior, clear the Draft quality
check box. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Sheet tab.
- Under Print, click to clear the Draft quality check box, and then click OK.
- Reprint the worksheet.
Gridlines also may not be printed if either Draft quality or a low resolution is specified on the Page tab under Page Setup.
XL2001 XL98 XL2001KB mac print quick lost line border enabled economy document layout spreadsheet
Article ID: 303263 - Last Review: 01/31/2007 19:40:31 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft Office Excel 2003
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2001 for Mac
- Microsoft Excel 98 for Macintosh
- kbgraphic kbprb kbprint kbui KB303263