Error Message When You Attempt to Print a Web Page: An Error Has Occurred in the Script on This Page
This article was previously published under Q303486
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer, when you attempt to print a Web page to a file, you may experience one of the following symptoms:
- When you use the Print command on the File menu to print the Web page to a file, you receive an error message similar to the following: An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Error: Unspecified error.
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
- When you use the Print Preview command on the File menu, and then print the Web page to a file from within the Print Preview window, you receive the following error message: There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document.
This behavior occurs if both of the following conditions are true:
- You use a PostScript printer driver.
- You select Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) output in the printer name Properties dialog box, where printer name is the name of your PostScript printer.
To resolve this issue, use the appropriate method.
Postscript Printer DriverClear the Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) output selection in the printer name Properties dialog box.
Remove Header and Footer from Printer PropertiesUse the Printers tool in Control panel to remove or disable any automatic headers and footers. For information about how to do this, please see the printed documentation or online Help file for your printer.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 303486 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 03:57:03 - Revision: 3.4
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kberrmsg kbpending KB303486