Outlook.exe.log file in the %Temp% folder consumes too much disk space
Note The %Temp% folder is typically found at C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp.
Note The x.0 placeholder represents your version of Office (16.0 = Office 2016, 15.0 = Outlook 2013, 14.0 = Outlook 2010, and 12.0 = Outlook 2007).
TCOTTrace logging should remain enabled only as long as you are working with a support engineer on a specific issue.
- Exit Outlook.
- Open a Run dialog box. To do this, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R.
- Windows 7 or Windows Vista: Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type regedit.exe, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Common\Debug
Note The x.0 placeholder represents your version of Office (16.0 = Office 2016, 15.0 = Outlook 2013, 14.0 = Outlook 2010, 12.0 = Outlook 2007).
- Right-click TCOTrace, and then click Delete.
- When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
- Delete the Outlook.exe.log file from the %Temp% folder if you are not working with a Microsoft support engineer on an issue.
Article ID: 3038305 - Last Review: 01/13/2016 08:46:00 - Revision: 4.0