How to Configure Device Manager to Display Detailed Information
This article was previously published under Q304514
If you require additional device information that is not typically displayed in Device Manager, you can configure Device Manager to show detailed information.
To configure Device Manager to show details:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd.exe, and then press ENTER.
- Type set DEVMGR_SHOW_DETAILS=1, and then press ENTER.
- Type start devmgmt.msc, and then press ENTER. In Device Manager the properties for a device should now provide a Details tab that contains additional information about the device.
You can view the Details
tab to see the following device information:
- Device Instance ID
- Hardware IDs
- Compatible IDs
- Matching Device ID
- Devnode Flags
- Config Flags
- CSConfig Flags
- Ejection Relations
- Removal Relations
- Bus Relations
- Device Upper Filters
- Device Lower Filters
- Class Upper Filters
- Class Lower Filters
- Class Installer
- Class Coinstallers
- Device Coinstallers
- Firmware Revision
- Current Power State
- Power Capabilities
- Power State Mappings
: Not all of these properties will be populated for a given device. In other words, although all of these properties are listed, some may not contain information when viewing a particular device.
For additional information about related topics, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Manage Devices in Windows XP
How to Troubleshoot Unknown Devices Listed in Device Manager
Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager
Troubleshooting Device Conflicts with Device Manager
Article ID: 304514 - Last Review: 10/18/2001 09:33:00 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional