FP: Warning Message and Content Appears Duplicated When Opening Page
This article was previously published under Q304542
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you open a page containing an Include Page component and the page that is included contains a Web component, you may receive the following warning message:
The contents of a FrontPage component have been modified.
These contents will be overwritten when you save this page.
If you click OK
, the page appears and the content of the page is duplicated.
This behavior occurs if either of the following is true:
- You are authoring with the FrontPage 2002 client against a FrontPage 2000 extended Web site.
- You are authoring with the FrontPage 2000 client against a FrontPage 2000 extended Web site and then publish that site to a FrontPage 2002 extended Web site.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Microsoft Office XP. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
OFFXP: How to Obtain the Latest Office XP Service Pack
NOTE: Install Microsoft Office XP SP-1 on both the client and the server.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 1.
Article ID: 304542 - Last Review: 10/24/2013 07:11:57 - Revision: 2.2
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbfix kbofficexpsp1fix KB304542