Remove MailboxDatabase operation fails to clean up health mailboxes
The AD user accounts cannot be removed in this case because the Exchange Servers security group inherits explicit “deny” permissions for deleting objects in the Monitoring Mailboxes container.
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Click View, and then make sure that Advanced Features is selected. If it is not, select it.
- Navigate to the following container:
- Right-click Monitoring Mailboxes, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.
- Click Advanced on the Security tab. You now see the following dialog box:
- Click Add, type Exchange Servers, click Check Names, and then click OK.
- Select the Allow check box for the Delete subtree permission.
- Click OK in all the remaining windows.
- Wait for AD replication
If you have Exchange deployment in a multi-AD domain environment, follow the preceding steps on all the domains in which Exchange servers are deployed.
Article ID: 3046530 - Last Review: 10/01/2015 07:39:00 - Revision: 2.0