Screen Saver Appears While You Are Using a Joystick to Play a Game
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
While you are using a joystick to play a game, your screen saver may turn on as if there is no activity.
This behavior occurs because using a joystick is not detectable as activity.
To work around this issue, deactivate the screen saver:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display.
- On the Screen Saver tab, click the Screen Saver arrow, and then click (None).
- Click OK.
This behavior is by design.
Article ID: 304852 - Last Review: 01/12/2015 18:34:53 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb kbui KB304852