In Microsoft Word, you can create new folders without
exiting the program. This article explains how to create new folders from
To create a new folder in
Microsoft Office Word 2007, in Microsoft Office Word 2003, in
Microsoft Word 2002, in Microsoft Word 2000, or in Microsoft Word 97, follow
- Start Word.
Word 2003, in Word 2002, in Word 2000, and in Word 97, click Save on
the File menu.
Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click
- In the Save As dialog box, click the drop-down arrow in the Save
in box, and then select the location of the new folder in the
Word 2002, in Word 2000, and in Word 97, click the New Folder icon in
the Save As dialog box. This icon resembles a yellow folder that has a star on the
Word 2007 and in Word 2003, click the
Create New Folder icon in the Save As dialog box.
- In the New Folder dialog box, name the folder, and then click OK.
- In the Save As dialog box, notice that the folder that you created is now in the
location in which the document is to be saved.
You can create a new folder any time that the New Folder
icon is present. For example, click
on the File
menu, and then notice the New Folder
Article ID: 305129 - Last Review: December 12, 2006 - Revision: 2.3
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 97 Standard Edition