"Stop error code 0x0000000A" occurs after you apply the Windows NT 4.0 Security Rollup Package
This article was previously published under Q305228
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
After you apply the Windows NT 4.0 Security Rollup Package (SRP) and restart a computer that has one of the following Compaq Smart Array controllers, you may receive an error message on a blue screen:
- Compaq SMART Array controller
- Compaq SMART-2/E Array controller
- Compaq SMART-2/P Array controller
- Compaq SMART-2DH Array controller
- Compaq SMART-2SL Array controller
- Compaq Smart Array 3200 controller
- Compaq Smart Array 3100ES controller
- Compaq Smart Array 221 controller
STOP 0x0000000A (0xfcc35000, 0xa, 0x00000001, 0x801e092a)In this error message, the memory that is referenced is 0xfcc35000. The IRQL is 0xa (IRQ 10). Value 0 is a read operation; 1 is a write operation. The address that referenced memory is 0x801e092a.
The Windows NT 4.0 SRP exposes an issue with versions earlier than 184.108.40.206 of the Compaq Array Controller device driver (Cpqarray.sys) that is available from any of the following sources:
- Compaq Web site: Compaq Server Support (SSD) for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
- Compaq SmartStart and Support Software CD-ROM
- Compaq SmartStart for Servers
To resolve this issue, obtain the updated version of the Cpqarray.sys driver from the following Compaq Web site:
To prevent this problem from occurring, install the updated Cpqarray.sys driver before you install the SRP.
If you cannot obtain the updated Cpqarray.sys driver that is described earlier in this article, you can work around this issue by replacing the existing Cpqarray.sys file with the version from Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a (SP6a):
- If the partition uses the NTFS file system, install Windows NT in a different folder so that the files in the partition are accessible.
If the partition uses the FAT file system, start the computer by using an MS-DOS boot disk, and then skip to step 3.
- Boot the computer to the new installation of Windows NT.
- Copy the Cpqarray.sys file from Windows NT 4.0 SP6a to the original Windows NT 4.0 folder (%SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers).
- You may also use the Recovery Console from Windows 2000 to rename the offending driver and replace it with CPQARRAY.SYS from SP6a.
293314 How to Use the Windows 2000 Recovery Console on a Computer with Windows NT 4.0
srp windows update stop 0x0000000a sbs critical updates compaq
Article ID: 305228 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 04:37:30 - Revision: 3.0
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kb3rdparty kbenv kberrmsg kbprb KB305228