Outlook 2016 for Mac: Permissions error when you import an Outlook 2011 identity
When you import a Microsoft Outlook 2011 identity into Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, you may receive the following error message:
Your identity cannot be imported as you do not have sufficient permissions on your 2011 identity.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Open Terminal using one of the following methods:
- With Finder as the selected application, on the Go menu click Utilities. Double-click Terminal.
- In Spotlight Search, type Terminal and then double-click Terminal from the search results.
- Go to the parent directory of your Outlook 2011 identity in Terminal by typing the following command.
cd ~/Documents/Microsoft\ User\ Data/Office\ 2011\ Identities
- Type chmod –R 755 <Identity_Name>, and then press Enter.
Note Steps 2 and 3 are represented in this screenshot.
Note If you do not know your Identity name, you can type LS in Terminal and then press Enter for a list of the Identity names.
This should set the correct permissions for your identity. You should now be able to launch Outlook and import your 2011 identity by selecting Import
on the File
Outlook 2016 for Mac is available with the following subscriptions:
- Office 365 Home
- Office 365 Personal
- Office 365 University
- Office 365 Business
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Small Business Premium
- Office 365 Midsize Business
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Enterprise E4
- Office 365 ProPlus
- Office 365 Government G3
- Office 365 Government G4
- Office 365 Education A3
- Office 365 Education A4
- Office 365 ProPlus for Students
- Office 365 ProPlus A for Students
Article ID: 3053602 - Last Review: 10/22/2015 20:35:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac, Outlook for Mac for Office 365, Microsoft Office 365