FIX: You can't create a C++ or C project (using an .h file) through Project wizard
You deploy a custom Visual Studio 2013 Isolated Shell application, and then you use the Project wizard to create a project or add a project item that contains a C or C++ source file. In this situation, you receive one of the following error messages:
- Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCCodeModel, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
- Member not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND))
- The operation could not be completed. Member not found.
This issue occurs because of an improper dependency on the VCLanguageManager service in the Microsoft.VisualStudio.TemplateWizard.dll file.
To resolve this issue, install the following package:
- For Visual Studio 2013 RTM (ISO)：http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/D/2/6D28583D-65E0-4377-A6F8-C53848557306/VS12-KB3054225.exe
- For Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 (ISO): http://download.microsoft.com/download/D/D/F/DDF4BFF2-1724-4002-9D0A-0ECB30B1A7C3/VS12-KB3025941.exe
Article ID: 3054225 - Last Review: 07/16/2015 03:10:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Shell (Isolated)