Update Rollup 17 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
Update Rollup 17 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3) was released on June 16, 2015. Before you install this update rollup, see the Installation instructions in this article.
Get Update Rollup 17 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3
Method 1: Microsoft UpdateThis update rollup is available on Microsoft Update.
Note Microsoft Update does not detect update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 on clustered Exchange Server 2007 systems.
How to obtain this update rollup
To obtain this update, follow these steps:
- Open Windows Update.
- In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
- If you see a message telling you that optional updates are available, or telling you to review optional updates, click the message to view the updates.
- In the list, select the check box for update 3056710, and then tap or click Install.
Method 2: Microsoft Download CenterYou may want to deploy Update Rollup 17 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2007. Or, you may want to deploy Update Rollup 17 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 to clustered servers that are running Exchange Server 2007.
The update rollup is also available for download from the following Microsoft Download Center website:
This update resolves the issue that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article:
Issues that the update rollup resolves
- KB 3057222 "InvaIidOperationException" error and cannot open digitally signed or NDR messages in FIPS-enabled Exchange Server 2007
How to install this update
- Before you install this update rollup, check out the information about How to install the latest service pack or update rollup for Exchange Server 2007.
- Before you install this update rollup on clustered mailbox servers, see Applying Exchange Server 2007 update rollups to clustered Mailbox servers.
- For more information about the Exchange Server 2007 servicing model, see Exchange Server 2007 servicing.
- This update rollup does not apply to Exchange Server 2007 release to manufacturing (RTM), Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1), or Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). The series of update rollup packages for Exchange Server 2007 SP3 are independent of the update rollups for Exchange Server 2007 RTM, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, and Exchange Server 2007 SP2.
For a list of update rollups that apply to Exchange Server 2007 RTM, Exchange Server 2007 SP1, or Exchange Server 2007 SP2, see How to obtain the latest service pack or update rollup for Exchange Server 2007.
Restart requirementServices that must be restarted after you apply this update rollup are restarted automatically.
Removal informationTo remove Update Rollup 17 for Exchange Server 2007 SP3, go to Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. Then, remove update 3056710.
See the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3056710 - Last Review: 06/16/2015 19:12:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 3
- kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseadvanced atdownload KB3056710