HOW TO: Import a PowerPoint Presentation into a Web Using FrontPage 2002
back to the top
Import a PowerPoint Presentation Into a FrontPage 2002 WebTo import a PowerPoint presentation into a FrontPage 2002 Web, follow these steps:
- Start PowerPoint 2000.
- On the File menu, click Save as Web Page.
PowerPoint creates a folder to contain all of the files that are associated with your presentation. This folder is created in the same location as your PowerPoint presentation. If your presentation is saved as "presentation1.ppt", the new folder is named "presentation1_files".
- Start FrontPage, and then open the Web into which you want to import the PowerPoint presentation.
- On the File menu, click Import.
- In the Import dialog box, click Add Folder.
- In the File Open dialog box, click the folder that you just created, and then click OK.
NOTE: Depending on the size of your presentation, the dialog box may take several minutes to close.
- Click the plus-sign (+) next to the new folder, and then drag one of the following files into the Web:
- Save the FrontPage Web.
- On the File menu, click Preview in Browser.
- Click the hyperlink that you just created.
You are now able to view the presentation.NOTE: If you drag frame.htm into the Web, the presentation appears as a split screen in the browser. The left pane displays thumbnails of all of the slides, and the right pane displays one full-sized slide at a time. Click once on the slide in the right pane to advance to the next, or click any particular slide in the left pane to view that particular slide.
If you drag fullscreen.html into the Web, the presentation is displayed as the full-screen version. You can advance the slide by clicking on it, or the slide automatically advances.
NOTE: To change the text of the hyperlink, proceed with the following steps.
- Right-click the hyperlink, and then click Hyperlink Properties on the shortcut menu.
- In the Edit Hyperlink dialog box, edit the text in the Text to display box so that it displays the text that you want.
- Save your changes, and then preview the finished results.
Article ID: 306015 - Last Review: 10/24/2013 07:21:59 - Revision: 2.1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB306015