Outlook crashes when you create or view a meeting request
When you view or create a meeting request, Microsoft Outlook crashes. If you view the Application log in this situation, you see crash signatures that match one or more of the following:
|Application version||Module name||Offset|
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- You're in a multi-forest environment or an environment where free/busy information for attendees comes through the Internet Free/Busy feature.
- Your version of Outlook is 14.0.7140.5001 or later.
Outlook version 14.0.7140.5001 is from either of the following updates for Outlook 2010:
Outlook version 14.0.7143.5000 is from the following update for Outlook 2010:
Outlook version 14.0.7147.5001 is from the following update for Outlook 2010:
To review the Application log for crash signature details, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Event Viewer.
- In the navigation pane on the left, select Application under Windows Logs.
- In the Actions pane on the right, click Filter Current Log.
- In the Filter Current Log dialog box, type 1000 in the Includes/Excludes Event IDs field, as shown in the following screen shot, and then click OK.
freebusy availability calendar
Article ID: 3061113 - Last Review: 06/11/2015 02:27:00 - Revision: 6.0
Microsoft Outlook 2010
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB3061113