PRB: MaxDX-Based Platform Uses a Different Version of IESample.exe
This article was previously published under Q306196
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
After you install the Add-On Pack for Windows CE Platform Builder 3.0, an additional version of the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser (IESample.exe) is installed.
When you develop a platform, the source code that Internet Explorer uses depends on whether you use the IESample or the MaxDX configuration. For example:
- IESample. When you develop a platform that is based on the IESample configuration, the Internet Explorer browser (IESample.exe) is built from source code in the following folder:
- MaxDX. When you develop a platform that is based on the MaxDX configuration, the Internet Explorer browser is built from source code in the following folder:
This behavior is by design.
The only difference between the two versions of IESample.exe is that the MaxDX version includes the following:
- A minor change in the Options.cpp file that checks the return code for a call to the RasEnumEntries() function.
- Additional code to handle multimedia messages when you navigate to a multimedia resource. For more information, see the CMainWnd::ProcessMediaNavigate method source code in Mainwnd.cpp.
build project pb
Article ID: 306196 - Last Review: 12/29/2014 14:29:46 - Revision: 3.4
- Microsoft Windows CE Platform Builder 2.12
- Microsoft Encarta Reference Suite 2001
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb KB306196