AMD PowerNow! Functionality May Require a Driver for AMD Mobile Athlon 4 and Duron Processors with Windows XP
For additional information about how to download Microsoft Support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Date Time Version Size File name -------------------------------------------------- 29-Aug-2001 15:57 5.1.2600.10 32,768 Amdk7.sys 29-Aug-2001 16:19 1,562 K7qfe.inf
To Install the DriverImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To install the and configure the driver:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
- On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
- Double-click the Processors branch to expand it, right-click your processor, and then click Update Driver.
- Click Install from a list or specified location, and then click Next.
- Click Don't search. I will choose the driver to install, and then click Next.
- Click Have Disk, select the folder in which you extracted the Amdk7.sys and K7qfe.inf files, and then click OK.
- The AMD K7 Processor driver is listed. Click Next.
- Click Finish, and then click OK.
- Do not restart the computer.
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).
- Locate and click the following key in the registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CCS\Services\AmdK7\Parameters
- On the Edit menu, point to New, click Dword Value, and then add the following registry value:Value name: HackFlagsA value of 1 enables the legacy PowerNow! interface. To disable this feature, set the data value to 0.
Value data: 1
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
Article ID: 306458 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 04:59:54 - Revision: 2.7
- kbnosurvey kbarchive atdownload kbqfe kbenv kbdriver kbbug kbfix kbsetup kbwinxpsp1fix KB306458