Errors when you use the "Customize in Access" function to open an Access app in Access 2013
- An error occurred in the client while attempting to communicate with the server 'https://<app name>.sharepoint.com'.
- A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or ActiveX control, Close the OLE Server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Move to the following location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Access\DatabaseCache\15.0
- Locate the local cached database for the Access app.
Note The file is in the form <appname on server>.accdb.
- Rename the existing cached database to <appname on server>_OLD.accdb.
- In Internet Explorer, open the Access app on the SharePoint server.
- Run the Customize in Access function to open the Access app in Access 2013.
Article ID: 3071304 - Last Review: 06/23/2015 16:17:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbsurveynew kbqfe kbexpertisebeginner kbbug kbfix kbtshoot KB3071304