The modern print utility and the PrintDialogHost processes continue to run after you dismiss the print utility settings
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a system that is running Windows 8.1.
- You have a printer installed that uses a version 4 (v4) printer driver.
- You download and install a third-party modern print utility for the printer.
- You change the modern print settings and print from a modern application.
- You dismiss the print utility settings and access the modern application.
In this scenario, you may notice that the modern print utility and the PrintDialogHost processes are still running.
To work around this issue, following these steps:
- Close all applications, and save any changed data.
- Log off the system to unload the user profile.
- Log back on to the system.
There are no adverse effects if you print while the PrintDialogHost processes are running. The system functions as expected.
Article ID: 3072738 - Last Review: 06/24/2015 22:58:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbtshoot KB3072738