FIX: Incorrect result when you execute a full-text query with parallel execution plan in SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014
Assume that you execute a full-text query that uses an execution plan that includes parallelism over full text operator. You set a condition that causes this query to execute serially at run time by using this execution plan. In this situation, the query result is incorrect.
For example, consider the following scenario:
- You enable the Resource Governor in a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 instance.
- You create a workload group and set the value of the Degree of Parallelism option to 1.
- You execute a full-text query that uses a MAXDOP query hint that the value is larger than 1 through the given connection.
Cumulative Update informationThe issue was first fixed in the following cumulative update of SQL Server.
- Cumulative Update 2 for SQL Server 2014 SP1
- Cumulative Update 9 for SQL Server 2014
- Cumulative Update 7 for SQL Server 2012 SP2
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. We recommend that you download and install the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 3074922 - Last Review: 08/17/2015 19:10:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 2, Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB3074922