PRB: Error 0x80004005 When You Try to Register a WebClass DLL
Return Code was: 0x80004005
- The best way to deploy a WebClass is to use the Package and Deployment Wizard. The Package and Deployment Wizard packages the dependent WebClass run-time DLLs when your WebClass is deployed. For information on how to use this tool, see the following Microsoft Web site:
- Copy and register the Mswcrun.dll file to the computer on which you are trying to register your WebClass DLL.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- In Visual Basic 6.0, use the IIS Application Project option to create a WebClass.
- Copy the DLL to a computer that does not have the Mswcrun.dll file.
- At a command prompt, type regsvr32 WebClassDllName.dll to register the DLL.
Article ID: 307495 - Last Review: 06/19/2014 13:48:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbaspobj kbDSupport kbprb kbwebclasses KB307495