How use the in the Custom Installation Wizard to add and to customize Outlook user profile account information
This article was previously published under Q307755
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This step-by-step guide describes how to use the Custom Installation Wizard to add to and customize Microsoft Outlook user profile account information. You can use the Custom Installation Wizard to add account definitions to Outlook user profiles; for example, you can create a Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) e-mail account or configure an Internet Directory Service (LDAP) to add to user profiles.
back to the top
Add and Customize Outlook Accounts
- In the Custom Installation Wizard, in the Outlook: Add Accounts dialog box, click Customize additional Outlook profile and account information.
- To create a new account for user profiles, click Add.
- In the list, click an account, and then click Next.
- To configure the account, follow the directions that are displayed. The additional information that is required varies depending on the account type.
- When you click Finish, the account appears in the table in the Outlook: Add Accounts dialog box.
After you add an account, the If Account Exists column is populated with one of two values, either Do Not Replace or Replace. This information applies only when you modify user profiles (by clicking Modify Profiles).
- To modify an account that you created, click the account name in the list, and then click Modify.
- To delete an account that you created, click the account name in the list, and then click Delete.
- In the Deliver new mail to the following location list, <default> is displayed. If you use the <default> option, new mail is delivered to the user's existing default mail delivery location. For new users, the <default> option causes mail to be delivered to the server. To change the location for new mail delivery, click the arrow to see additional locations, and then click a new location. Note that if you have not added any accounts to the profile, no additional locations are displayed in the list.
- When you finish adding and modifying accounts, click Next to proceed with the rest of the Custom Installation Wizard.
back to the top
Article ID: 307755 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 05:31:24 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbaccounts kbhowtomaster KB307755