How to buy or rent Movies & TV content on Windows 10
<< Back to Movies & TV Support
You can use the Movies & TV app in Windows 10 to buy or rent the latest movies and TV shows in HD. Enjoy all the videos in our catalog using the Movies & TV app on your Windows PC, phone, tablet, or Xbox console; through a web browser; or on your iOS and Android devices. To buy or rent videos:
- Start the Movies & TV app.
- Browse the selections or use the Search box to find the movie or TV program you want to watch.
- Buy or rent depending on the type of content you want:
- If you've selected a movie, tap or click Buy or Rent and then follow the instructions.
- If you've selected a TV program, tap or click Buy, and then follow the instructions. (TV programs can't be rented.)
- If you want to buy a season pass to the TV program you've selected, tap or click Season pass and then follow the instructions.
When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first. You’ll be charged immediately. There are no refunds. For more information, see Xbox Live Usage Rules
. You can watch the video as many times as you like within that period.
When you stream
a rented video to your Xbox console, you can only view it once, within 24 hours from the time of rental.Note
Unlike a video that you buy, a video that you rent must be viewed on the device it was rented for (Xbox console, computer, tablet, etc.).
Article ID: 3078426 - Last Review: 08/06/2015 18:37:00 - Revision: 1.2