When you attempt to compose a new e-mail message in Microsoft Internet Explorer, you may see one of the following behaviors:
- You receive the following error message:
Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.
- Nothing happens. No e-mail client starts.
This issue can occur when the following conditions are true:
- Microsoft MSN Explorer is set as the default e-mail client in Internet Explorer
- You attempt to compose a new e-mail message in Internet Explorer by doing one of the following:
You point to New on the File menu, and then click Message.
You point to Mail and News on the Tools menu, and then click New Message.
If Microsoft Outlook is installed on your computer and you attempt to compose a new e-mail message by using any of these methods, you receive the error message described in the "Symptoms" section of this article. If Outlook is not installed on your computer and you attempt to compose a new e-mail message by using any of these methods listed, the MSN Explorer e-mail client does not start. As a result, you are unable to compose a new e-mail message.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Start MSN Explorer.
- Click E-mail, and then click the Write E-mail tab.
- Compose your new e-mail message.
MSN Explorer is all-in-one software that delivers the benefits of Microsoft Internet technologies such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Hotmail, Windows Messenger, and Windows Media Player in a single program that works with your existing Internet connection.
For more information about how to use MSN Explorer, click Help & Settings
in MSN Explorer.
Article ID: 308081 - Last Review: October 10, 2003 - Revision: 3.2
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition