DISM command fails with error code 87 when you try to apply a Windows 10 image
- You have a Windows 10 image.
- Windows has Compact OS compression enabled on some files.
- You have an earlier version of DISM (that is, a version from Windows 8.1 or from an earlier version of Windows).
- You try to apply the Windows 10 image by using the DISM /Apply-Image command.
C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Runt0d283adf#\9766308db336f6018797df6128270717\System.Runtime.WindowsRuntime.ni.dll (HRESULT=0x80070057) - CWimManager::WimProviderMsgLogCallback
Note The Wofadk.sys filter driver is included in the Windows 10 Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK). The driver must be installed and configured to be used with Window 10 DISM when the command runs on an earlier version of Windows host or Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE).
Article ID: 3082581 - Last Review: 07/30/2015 02:56:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbtshoot KB3082581