Task Manager might show 100% disk utilization on Windows 10 devices with Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) mode enabled
- Identify if you are running the inbox AHCI driver (StorAHCI.sys):
- Open a command prompt with administrator privileges. Then type the following command in the command prompt window and hit Enter: devmgmt.msc
- Under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers right-click on the AHCI controller node and select Properties. This node is usually called “Standard SATA AHCI Controller.”
- Navigate to the driver tab and click Driver Details.
- If you see “StorAHCI.sys” in the list, you are running the inbox driver.
- Disable MSI for the controller in the registry:
- In the same properties window opened in step 1.2, navigate to the Details tab and select Device instance path from the Property drop-down menu. Note this path.
- Open the registry editor by typing regedit in the previously opened command prompt.
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\ <AHCI Controller>\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties, where <AHCI Controller> refers to the device instance path you noted in step 2.1.
- Change the value of the MSISupported key from “1” to “0”.
- If you don’t know which controller your boot device is attached to, repeat steps 2.1 through 2.4 for all AHCI controllers found under 1.2.
- Reboot the machine.
ИД на статията: 3083595 – Последен преглед: 07/29/2015 04:44:00 – Редакция: 1.0