"HCW8014 Client Access servers specified by the Hybrid Configuration Active Directory object were not properly cleared" error when you run Hybrid Configuration wizard
When you run the Hybrid Configuration wizard, you receive the following error message:
HCW8014 The Client Access servers specified by the Hybrid Configuration Active Directory object were not properly cleared during the upgrade of the hybrid configuration.
This issue occurs if the Hybrid Configuration wizard has one of the following kinds of servers:
- Incorrect servers
- Removed servers that are listed in the configuration object
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the Exchange Management Shell.
- Run the following command to clear the Client Access servers from the hybrid configuration:
Set-HybridConfiguration -ClientAccessServers $Null
- Run the Hybrid Configuration wizard again.
Article ID: 3087162 - Last Review: 12/30/2016 06:09:00 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard Edition
- o365022013 o365 o365a o365e o365m hybrid hcw8014 KB3087162