SharePoint 2013 or Project Server 2013 Setup error if the .NET Framework 4.6 is installed
This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.
- Extract the installation media to a writable location.
- If your installation media is an executable file (.exe), extract the files and folders from the executable file to a writable location by running the following command at a command prompt:For example, run the following command:
<executable file name> /extract:<path to writable location>
- If your installation media is an ISO or IMG disc image (.iso or .img), mount the disc image, and then copy the files and folders from the disc image to a writable location.
- If your installation media is an executable file (.exe), extract the files and folders from the executable file to a writable location by running the following command at a command prompt:
- Download the compressed (.zip) file that contains the fix that matches the product you're installing:
- Open the .zip file.
- Copy the following Setup support file, as appropriate, from the .zip file into the "updates" folder in your writable location.
- SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1: wsssetup.dll
- SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
- Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
- Run Setup.exe from the writable location to start SharePoint Setup or Project Server Setup. Setup will use the support file that contains the fix that you've copied into the "updates" folder.
To work around this problem, make sure that the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 is not installed when you run SharePoint Setup.
If the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 is already installed, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2. To do this, go to the location that is specific to your operating system as listed in the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:3151800 The .NET Framework 4.6.2 offline installer for Windows3102436 The .NET Framework 4.6.1 offline installer for Windows3045557 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 (Offline Installer) for WindowsNote In Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2, the .NET Framework is an operating system component and cannot be independently uninstalled. Updates to the .NET Framework appear in the Installed Updates tab of the Control Panel Programs and Features app. For operating systems on which the .NET Framework is not preinstalled, the .NET Framework appears in the Uninstall or change a program tab (or the Add/Remove programs tab) of the Program and Features app in Control Panel. See Troubleshooting Blocked .NET Framework Installations and Uninstallations and the Microsoft Knowledge Base articles listed earlier for more information.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the web installer for the .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Run SharePoint Setup to install SharePoint.
Note Formal support for the .NET Framework 4.5.1, 4.5, and 4.0 ended in January 2016.
Article ID: 3087184 - Last Review: 11/15/2016 03:24:00 - Revision: 14.0
- kbprb kbsurveynew KB3087184